Your standard home insurance policy doesn’t cover flooding. So, it becomes imperative to have a flood insurance coverage against property loss from flooding.

The most common flood insurance is offered through the federally regulated policy known as the National Flood Insurance Policy (NIFP). This flood insurance FEMA guarantees compensation for flood damages because the Federal government backs NFIP flood insurance.

A typical flood insurance policy provides protection for two types of insurable property: The building and the contents. The building coverage includes the insured territory and its foundation, the electrical and plumbing system, central air conditioning equipment, cooking stoves, refrigerators, built-in appliances such as dishwashers while the contents coverage includes clothing, furniture, portable and window air conditioners, portable microwaves and dishwashers, carpeting if that is not included in property coverage.

If you have more questions, and want to know how much flood insurance do I need, feel free to contact us.

Get A Flood Insurance Quote Today!